This position exists to support overall manufacturing operations and requires a machine shop background. Ability to fabricate and assemble, mechanically and electrically OEM equipment. Individual carries out routine assignments and supports Production in installation and troubleshooting as needed. This position will also perform routine quality tasks associated with AS9100 compliance, and handling of discrepant material. Responsibilities of the job include: • Perform MIG, TIG and other types of weld based on project needs • Select proper fillers for jobs based on previous experience or project instructions • De-bur and grind metal as necessary to achieve proper surface texturePay Range:
22-28/hr. - depending on experience Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and other instructions given
- Perform MIG, TIG, and other types of weld depending on project specifications
- Setup operations such as mounting parts in appropriate fixtures, positioners, etc.
- Grind products to remove weld spatter, slag, and other deleterious materials from weldments
- Utilize handheld tools such as screwdriver, wrenches, hand drills, grinders, drill presses, etc.
- Using hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- Make changes/make repairs to the product according to engineering specifications
- Align components using rulers, calipers, clamp pieces, etc.
- Fully and accurately document processes and other required procedures
- Perform internal and external inspections to meet quality or standards of the company
- Identify problems affecting successful completion of projects and notify supervisor
- Observe safety procedures by wearing proper protective equipment, wearing proper dress code, proper handling of tools and equipment, and adhering to verbal and written instructions